The theory that local Indian tribes have forced the colonists to leave Roanoke and run away to find a safe place to live.
Facts that are supporting the theory:
- there were tensions between Indians and colonists,
- colonists had limited sources of food and limited weapons to defend themselves.
Facts that oppose the theory:
- if the colonists were in danger they would not waste time and effort on dismantling the houses or leaving the sign on the post,
- according to some sources the colonists were suppose to leave a sign of cross on the tree if they would be forced to leave the fort, yet there was no cross found,
- the tension between colonists and local tribes would make the fort the only safe place to be - leaving it behind and moving inland would make no sense,
- there were no signs of violence or struggle.
Do you have what it takes to solve a case like this?