Monster of Florence
A team of psychopaths
One of the theories was that there was more than one killer behind the murders. There were in history such teams of psychopaths (like Karla Homolka and Paul Bernardo or Ian Brady and Myra Hindley).
Facts that are supporting the theory:
- there were small inconsistencies between mutilations to the female victims - sometimes they were done with skill (thus suggestion it might have been a surgeon) and on other occasions they were done poorly and cause much damaged to the body, which would suggest it wasn’t the same person each time.
Facts that oppose the theory:
- always the same gun was used,
- the modus operandi was always the same,
- attacker always shot the victims before they could see him, which suggest that he was afraid he would not be able to overpower both of them or even one of them - this suggest single attacker, not team,
- witnesses saw a single male driver rushing away from one of the crime scenes,
- two killers on the crime scene would mean that killing of the male victim would be enough to overpower the female victim, yet it was never tried during the attacks,
- Rontini was dragged away from the car, not carried away, which would be easier for the multiple attackers.
It is possible that there was more than one killer, but rather unlikely since, as the informations above suggest, the modus operandi was consistent and planned for single attacker.
Can you solve a mystery like this one?